Studio One (control room), EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: George Martin
Tape operator: John Smith
The mono pressing of the White Album was cut by EMI's Harry Moss on 18 and 19 October, and the stereo version on 21 October. It was released in the UK on 22 November 1968, and three days later in the United States.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Fox Theatre, Detroit, Michigan
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts, Jacksonville, Florida
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Covent Garden, London
- 2010: Remastered Red and Blue albums and Harrison/Shankar Collaborations are released
- 1968: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are arrested for drugs possession
- 1967: The Beatles attend the première of How I Won The War
- 1965: Recording: If I Needed Someone, In My Life
- 1964: Recording: Eight Days A Week, Kansas City/Hey-Hey-Hey-Hey!, Mr Moonlight, I Feel Fine, I’ll Follow The Sun, Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby, Rock And Roll Music, Words Of Love
- 1963: Television: Scene At 6.30
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1959: Live: TV Star Search audition
- 1957: Paul McCartney’s debut with the Quarrymen
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.