The Beatles’ 18th evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Overall this was their 62nd appearance at the Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Fox Theatre, Detroit, Michigan
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts, Jacksonville, Florida
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Covent Garden, London
- 2010: Remastered Red and Blue albums and Harrison/Shankar Collaborations are released
- 1999: UK album release: Working Classical by Paul McCartney
- 1974: UK single release: Walking In The Park With Eloise by Paul McCartney
- 1968: Tape copying: Yer Blues, Don’t Pass Me By
- 1968: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are arrested for drugs possession
- 1967: The Beatles attend the première of How I Won The War
- 1965: Recording: If I Needed Someone, In My Life
- 1964: Recording: Eight Days A Week, Kansas City/Hey-Hey-Hey-Hey!, Mr Moonlight, I Feel Fine, I’ll Follow The Sun, Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby, Rock And Roll Music, Words Of Love
- 1963: Television: Scene At 6.30
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1958: Live: TV Star Search audition, Hippodrome, Manchester
- 1957: Paul McCartney’s debut with the Quarrymen
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.