Trident Studios, St Anne’s Court, London
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Barry Sheffield
The backing track was recorded during this session, with Paul McCartney on piano, John Lennon playing electric rhythm guitar, George Harrison on bass guitar, and Ringo Starr on drums played with brushes.
They filled two tape reels with rehearsals and takes, the best of which was numbered take one. At the end of the session a rough mono mix was created, presumably to enable George Martin to prepare a score for saxophone and clarinet.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Nob Hill Masonic Auditorium, San Francisco
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Tobin Center for the Performing Arts, San Antonio, Texas
- 2010: The Quarrymen perform tributes to John Lennon
- 2009: A Hard Day’s Night to be released on Blu-ray?
- 2009: Paul McCartney’s Citi Field concerts to be released on CD and DVD
- 2009: Lucy Vodden, who inspired Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, dies
- 1969: US album release: Abbey Road
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1962: The Beatles sign management contract with Brian Epstein
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.