This was The Beatles' 46th of 48 consecutive nights performing at the Indra Club in Hamburg, Germany.
They were contracted to perform for four and a half hours each weekday night, from 8-9.30pm, 10-11pm, 11.30pm-12.30am and 1-2am.
They also had to play for six hours on Saturdays, from 7-8.30pm, 9-10pm, 10.30-11.30pm, 12-1am, and 1.30-3am. Sunday hours were 5-6pm, 6.30-7.30pm, 8-9pm, 9.30-10.30pm, 11-12 midnight and 12.30-1.30am.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Nob Hill Masonic Auditorium, San Francisco
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Tobin Center for the Performing Arts, San Antonio, Texas
- 2010: The Quarrymen perform tributes to John Lennon
- 2009: A Hard Day’s Night to be released on Blu-ray?
- 2009: Paul McCartney’s Citi Field concerts to be released on CD and DVD
- 2009: Lucy Vodden, who inspired Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, dies
- 1969: US album release: Abbey Road
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Honey Pie
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1962: The Beatles sign management contract with Brian Epstein
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.