This was The Beatles’ 47th of 48 consecutive nights performing at the Indra Club in Hamburg, Germany.
They were contracted to perform for four and a half hours each weekday night, from 8-9.30pm, 10-11pm, 11.30pm-12.30am and 1-2am.
They also had to play for six hours on Saturdays, from 7-8.30pm, 9-10pm, 10.30-11.30pm, 12-1am, and 1.30-3am. Sunday hours were 5-6pm, 6.30-7.30pm, 8-9pm, 9.30-10.30pm, 11-12 midnight and 12.30-1.30am.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2018: Geoff Emerick dies
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Vina Robles Amphitheatre, Paso Robles, California
- 2015: Beatles live Cavern Club recording found in desk drawer after 50 years
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: United Spirit Arena, Lubbock, Texas
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Hard Rock Cafe & Casino, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 2012: Paul McCartney attends Magical Mystery Tour screening
- 2011: McCartney, Starr, Ono and Olivia Harrison attend the world première of Scorsese documentary Living In The Material World
- 1969: Mixing: Across The Universe
- 1968: Recording: Honey Pie
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Your Mother Should Know, Hello, Goodbye
- 1964: Rehearsal: Shindig!
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.