Studio Two, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: Chris Thomas
Engineer: Ken Scott
Tambourine and a lead vocal were the first to be recorded. Afterwards John Lennon manually double tracked his vocals in places.
The session was a relatively brief one, by The Beatles’ 1968 standards, lasting from 8.30pm-1.30am.
Also on this day...
- 2017: Paul McCartney live: Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey
- 2013: The Beatles: On Air – Live At The BBC Volume 2 is announced
- 2005: UK album release: Chaos And Creation In The Backyard by Paul McCartney
- 1969: John Lennon decides to leave The Beatles
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed for various publications
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1964: Live: Boston Garden, Boston
- 1963: Recording: Messages to Australia, Hold Me Tight, Don’t Bother Me, Little Child, I Wanna Be Your Man
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
- 1959: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.