Studio Two, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: Chris Thomas
Engineer: Ken Scott
Each take was roughly the same length, apart from take 15 which became a six-minute jam. The group's penultimate attempt, take 33, was considered the best, and overdubs began the following day.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Mixing: What’s The New Mary Jane
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1964: Live: Gator Bowl, Jacksonville
- 1964: George Harrison buys Mornyork Ltd
- 1963: Recording: I Wanna Be Your Man, Little Child, All I’ve Got To Do, Not A Second Time, Don’t Bother Me
- 1962: Recording: PS I Love You, Love Me Do, Please Please Me
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.