The Beatles' 35th lunchtime performance at Liverpool's Cavern Club took place on this day.
The group's lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 49th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street.
Although the precise number of their Cavern performances is not known, The Beatles played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows. Their final performance at the venue took place on 3 August 1963.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Mixing: What’s The New Mary Jane
- 1968: Recording: Glass Onion
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1964: Live: Gator Bowl, Jacksonville
- 1964: George Harrison buys Mornyork Ltd
- 1963: Recording: I Wanna Be Your Man, Little Child, All I’ve Got To Do, Not A Second Time, Don’t Bother Me
- 1962: Recording: PS I Love You, Love Me Do, Please Please Me
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.