This was the seventh occasion on which The Beatles performed both lunchtime and evening shows in the same day at Liverpool’s Cavern Club.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 36th lunchtime show, and their 50th appearance overall at the underground venue on Mathew Street.
Although the precise number of their Cavern performances is not known, The Beatles played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows. Their final performance at the venue took place on 3 August 1963.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Lennon handwritten note goes on sale
- 2005: US album release: Chaos And Creation In The Backyard by Paul McCartney
- 1999: Album release: Yellow Submarine Songtrack
- 1969: Plastic Ono Band live: the Toronto Rock and Roll Revival festival
- 1968: Recording: Glass Onion
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1965: Zak Starkey is born
- 1965: US single release: Yesterday
- 1964: Live: Civic Center, Baltimore
- 1963: Live: Public Hall, Preston
- 1962: Live: Riverpark Ballroom, Chester
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.