They had been in Greece to visit an island which they intended to purchase. However, the plans came to nothing as The Beatles’ interest in living in the Mediterranean waned.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Lollapalooza 2015
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Wrigley Field, Chicago
- 1982: George Martin appears on the BBC’s Desert Island Discs
- 1969: Recording: You Never Give Me Your Money, Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight
- 1968: Recording: Hey Jude
- 1968: The Apple Boutique closes down
- 1963: Live: Imperial Ballroom, Nelson
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.