John, Cynthia and Julian Lennon, Paul McCartney, Jane Asher, Alexis ‘Magic Alex’ Mardas and Pattie Harrison’s sister Paula Boyd all returned to England from Greece on this day.
They had been in Greece to visit an island which they intended to purchase. However, the plans came to nothing as The Beatles’ interest in living in the Mediterranean waned.
The party flew to London Airport from Athens. George and Pattie Harrison had returned the previous day.
Last updated: 3 March 2023
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: Lollapalooza 2015
- 2011: Paul McCartney live: Wrigley Field, Chicago
- 1982: George Martin appears on the BBC’s Desert Island Discs
- 1969: Recording: You Never Give Me Your Money, Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight
- 1968: Recording: Hey Jude
- 1968: The Apple Boutique closes down
- 1963: Live: Imperial Ballroom, Nelson
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.