The Beatles' second and final concert appearance at the Imperial Ballroom in the Lancashire town of Nelson. As with their first performance there, on 11 May 1963, The Beatles were watched by 2,000 frantic fans.
The Imp, as the venue was known, burnt down on 19 March 1976 and was never rebuilt.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Lollapalooza 2015
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Wrigley Field, Chicago
- 1982: George Martin appears on the BBC’s Desert Island Discs
- 1969: Recording: You Never Give Me Your Money, Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight
- 1968: Recording: Hey Jude
- 1968: The Apple Boutique closes down
- 1967: John Lennon and Paul McCartney return to England from Greece
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.