Room 65, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Engineer: Peter Vince
There was no producer present, and the only engineer in the studio was Peter Vince. Between 10 and 11am he created the rough mixes so that acetate pressings could be made for reference purposes; they were never intended for the album, and contained no echo or other effects.
The mixes were numbered one and two. When the song was mixed properly on 18 May the two mixes were numbered the same.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Estadio Nacional, Lima, Peru
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Estádio da Ressacada, Florianópolis, Brazil
- 1976: John Lennon and Paul McCartney’s final meeting
- 1969: Mixing: Two Of Us
- 1967: Recording: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1964: Rehearsal: Around The Beatles
- 1963: Live: Mersey Beat Showcase, Croydon
- 1963: The Beatles are photographed by Fiona Adams
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.