Room 4, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Engineer: Peter Mew
A rough mono mix was created of the Let It Be song ‘Two Of Us’ during this hour-long late-night session.
The mix was to allow an acetate disc to be cut of the song, so that Paul McCartney could give a copy to the US trio Mortimer. In May 1969 McCartney produced the band’s version for Apple, but the recording was never released.
Last updated: 7 July 2022
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Estadio Nacional, Lima, Peru
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Estádio da Ressacada, Florianópolis, Brazil
- 1976: John Lennon and Paul McCartney’s final meeting
- 1967: Recording: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1966: Mixing: Got To Get You Into My Life
- 1964: Rehearsal: Around The Beatles
- 1963: Live: Mersey Beat Showcase, Croydon
- 1963: The Beatles are photographed by Fiona Adams
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.
Mortimer’s version was eventually released on CD in 2017.