The first of two Beatles EPs released by Capitol Records was issued on this day. Four By The Beatles had the serial number Capitol EAP 1-2121, and was released only in mono.
A subsequent EP, the similarly-titled 4 By The Beatles, was released by Capitol on 1 February 1965. The format wasn’t a hit with US record-buyers, and no further official EPs followed.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Estadio Nacional, Santiago, Chile
- 1970: US single release: The Long And Winding Road
- 1969: George Harrison performs on a Jack Bruce session
- 1968: Lennon and McCartney promote Apple in New York
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Baby You’re A Rich Man
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1963: Live: Imperial Ballroom, Nelson
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.