As Beatlemania showed no sign of abating during 1964, various record labels looked to release any material by the group that they could. Swan had released She Loves You the previous September, and duly claimed the rights to issue Sie Liebt Dich as well, even though this was a dubious claim at best.
The single had the serial number Swan 4182, and peaked at number 97 in the charts during its one-week run from 27 June 1964. Clearly US listeners weren't that desperate for Beatles songs.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney working on High In The Clouds animation and soundtrack
- 1963: Radio: Saturday Club, Steppin’ Out
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Northern Meeting Ballroom, Inverness, Scotland
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.