This was The Beatles’ 38th of 48 nights at Hamburg’s Star-Club, the city’s newest rock ‘n’ roll venue.
The Beatles played three separate residencies at the club in 1962. This was the first, and saw the group perform for a total of 172 hours over seven weeks. Their only night off was Good Friday, 20 April.
It was The Beatles’ third residency in a Hamburg club within two years, and followed a series of shows at the Indra, the Kaiserkeller and the Top Ten Club.
Also on this day...
- 2022: Paul McCartney live: Truist Field, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- 2015: Paul McCartney working on High In The Clouds animation and soundtrack
- 1971: UK album release: Ram by Paul and Linda McCartney
- 1964: US single release: Sie Liebt Dich
- 1963: Radio: Saturday Club, Steppin’ Out
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Northern Meeting Ballroom, Inverness, Scotland
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.