In order to launch and promote Apple Corps in the United States, John Lennon and Paul McCartney flew to New York for a four-day trip. It was the first time they had both visited the country together since their final concert in August 1966.
Lennon and McCartney stayed with their lawyer, Nat Weiss, at his apartment at 181 East 73rd Street. During the trip they did numerous interviews, mainly at hotels.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Estadio Nacional, Santiago, Chile
- 1970: US single release: The Long And Winding Road
- 1969: George Harrison performs on a Jack Bruce session
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Baby You’re A Rich Man
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: US EP release: Four By The Beatles
- 1963: Live: Imperial Ballroom, Nelson
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.