The trip involved numerous interviews, which mainly took place at hotels. The two Beatles stayed at their lawyer Nat Weiss’s apartment at 181 East 73rd Street. They were joined in New York by ’Magic’ Alex, Neil Aspinall, Mal Evans and Derek Taylor.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Paul and Linda McCartney holiday in Corfu
- 1969: Ringo Starr sets sail for New York on board the QE2
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Taxman, For No One
- 1963: Television: Pops And Lenny
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.