The album followed later that month. ‘Listen To What The Man Said’ was issued in the United States on 26 May 1975.
The b-side was ‘Love In Song’, another Venus And Mars song recorded at Abbey Road in 1974.
‘Listen To What The Man Said’ topped the charts in Canada and the USA, and went top ten in Ireland, New Zealand, Norway, and the UK, where it peaked at number six.
The popularity of ‘Listen To What The Man Said’ led to its inclusion on the compilations All The Best! and Wingspan: Hits and History, although it was omitted from 1978’s Wings Greatest.
Also on this day...
- 1980: UK album release: McCartney II by Paul McCartney
- 1977: US album release: Thrillington by Paul McCartney
- 1969: Paul and Linda McCartney holiday in Corfu
- 1969: Ringo Starr sets sail for New York on board the QE2
- 1968: John Lennon and Paul McCartney return from promoting Apple in New York
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Taxman, For No One
- 1963: Television: Pops And Lenny
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.