Morgan Studios, London
Producer: Felix Pappalardi
On this occasion Harrison accepted an invitation to perform on singer and bassist Jack Bruce’s debut solo album. He is said to have arrived an hour early for the session, and recorded a rhythm guitar part for the song Never Tell Your Mother She’s Out Of Tune.
The album was Songs For A Tailor, which was released later in 1969. Harrison’s guitar part became largely buried in the mix, but performed some distorted chords as part of the backing track.
For contractual reasons Harrison’s name didn’t appear on the album credits. Instead, the pseudonym he had used for the recording of Badge, L’Angelo Misterioso, made a reappearance.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Estadio Nacional, Santiago, Chile
- 1970: US single release: The Long And Winding Road
- 1968: Lennon and McCartney promote Apple in New York
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Baby You’re A Rich Man
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: US EP release: Four By The Beatles
- 1963: Live: Imperial Ballroom, Nelson
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.