Following rehearsals held from 3-4pm, the show was broadcast live from 6.35-7pm from Studio Four at Granada TV Centre in Manchester. The Beatles performed two songs: ‘Love Me Do’ and ‘Twist And Shout’.
Last updated: 31 October 2012
Also on this day...
- 2013: The Beatles Bootleg Recordings 1963 is released on iTunes
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: the 100 Club, London
- 2009: Paul McCartney live: Köln Arena, Cologne
- 1969: Mixing: Plastic Ono Band live: Lyceum Ballroom, London
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed by WABC-AM radio
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono give a press conference in Toronto, Canada
- 1963: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: The Beatles’ first photo session
- 1960: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.