The Beatles had appeared on the Granada Television show People And Places on two previous occasions, on 17 and 29 October 1962. This was their third appearance.
Following rehearsals held from 3-4pm, the show was broadcast live from 6.35-7pm from Studio Four at Granada TV Centre in Manchester. The Beatles performed two songs: ‘Love Me Do’ and ‘Twist And Shout’.
Last updated: 31 October 2012
Also on this day...
- 2013: The Beatles Bootleg Recordings 1963 is released on iTunes
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: the 100 Club, London
- 2009: Paul McCartney live: Köln Arena, Cologne
- 1969: Mixing: Plastic Ono Band live: Lyceum Ballroom, London
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed by WABC-AM radio
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono give a press conference in Toronto, Canada
- 1963: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: The Beatles’ first photo session
- 1960: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.