The Beatles flew from Liverpool to Hamburg on this day ahead of their third and final residency at the German city’s Star-Club, situated on Große Freiheit off the Reeperbahn, which began later that evening.
Also on this day...
- 2020: Album release: McCartney III by Paul McCartney
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Hammersmith Apollo, London
- 2009: McCartney on X Factor chart battle, video for (I Want To) Come Home
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed by Associated Press
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed for CBC-TV
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono record a message for Japanese radio
- 1968: John Lennon and Yoko Ono appear onstage in a white bag
- 1966: Paul McCartney and Jane Asher attend the première of The Family Way
- 1966: Tara Browne dies
- 1963: Radio: From Us To You
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.