The Beatles gave their 66th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club on this day.
The group’s lunchtime shows in the Cavern typically lasted from 12-2pm. Overall this was their 99th appearance at the Mathew Street cellar club, including their late-night shows.
Although the precise number of their Cavern performances is not known, The Beatles played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows at the Mathew Street venue between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Also on this day...
- 2020: Album release: McCartney III by Paul McCartney
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Hammersmith Apollo, London
- 2009: McCartney on X Factor chart battle, video for (I Want To) Come Home
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed by Associated Press
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed for CBC-TV
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono record a message for Japanese radio
- 1968: John Lennon and Yoko Ono appear onstage in a white bag
- 1966: Paul McCartney and Jane Asher attend the première of The Family Way
- 1966: Tara Browne dies
- 1963: Radio: From Us To You
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1962: Travel: Liverpool to Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.