The Beatles made their debut on television on this day, with an appearance in Manchester on the local programme People And Places.
The show was made by Granada Television, and was broadcast only in the north and north-west of England. It was filmed in Studio Four of Granada TV Centre on Quay Street in Manchester.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Riverside Theater, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Canada
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Hard Rock Live, Biloxi, Mississippi
- 1967: Memorial service for Brian Epstein
- 1963: Recording: The Beatles’ Christmas Record, You Really Got A Hold On Me, I Want To Hold Your Hand, This Boy
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: David Lewis Club, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.