This was The Beatles’ 107th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club. It was also the 31st occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 181st known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including the evening events.
Although the precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2018: Paul McCartney announces new album Egypt Station
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Count Basie Theatre, Red Bank, New Jersey
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: Hampden Park, Glasgow
- 1968: Recording: Revolution 9
- 1968: Paul McCartney flies to New York
- 1966: Mixing: Got To Get You Into My Life
- 1965: The Beatles’ European tour begins at Palais des Sport, Paris
- 1964: Live: Sydney Stadium, Sydney
- 1963: John Lennon apologises for assaulting Bob Wooler
- 1963: The Beatles Ltd is formed
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.