The Beatles’ 75th evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date. They topped a bill which also featured Kingsize Taylor and the Dominoes, and The Sorrals.
Overall this was The Beatles’ 182nd appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows. It was also the 31st occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
Although the precise number of the group’s Cavern performances is not known, they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 11 October 2012
Also on this day...
- 2018: Paul McCartney announces new album Egypt Station
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Count Basie Theatre, Red Bank, New Jersey
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: Hampden Park, Glasgow
- 1968: Recording: Revolution 9
- 1968: Paul McCartney flies to New York
- 1966: Mixing: Got To Get You Into My Life
- 1965: The Beatles’ European tour begins at Palais des Sport, Paris
- 1964: Live: Sydney Stadium, Sydney
- 1963: John Lennon apologises for assaulting Bob Wooler
- 1963: The Beatles Ltd is formed
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.