This was the second of two performances by The Beatles held at St Paul’s Presbyterian Church Hall on North Road in Tranmere, Birkenhead.
The Beatles headlined the show, with support from The Country Four with Brian Newman. Entry cost five shillings, and the event took place from 7.30-11pm.
The group previously played at the venue one month before, on 10 February 1962. The church hall was later demolished, with housing built on the site.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Auditorio Nacional, Mexico City, Mexico
- 1969: Mixing: Get Back, Teddy Boy, Two Of Us, Dig A Pony, I’ve Got A Feeling, The Long And Winding Road, Let It Be, Rocker, Save The Last Dance For Me, Don’t Let Me Down, For You Blue, The Walk
- 1967: Recording: Getting Better
- 1965: Travel: Bahamas to London
- 1964: Recording, mixing: Can’t Buy Me Love, Long Tall Sally, I Call Your Name, You Can’t Do That, Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand, Sie Liebt Dich
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Hippodrome, Birmingham
- 1961: Live: St John’s Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Grosvenor Ballroom, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.