This was The Beatles’ 58th evening show at the Cavern Club. It was also the 22nd occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
Overall this was their 150th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 1984: UK single release: Borrowed Time by John Lennon
- 1967: Recording: Getting Better
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Granada Cinema, London – The Beatles’ second tour begins, with Chris Montez and Tommy Roe
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.