The Beatles gave their 92nd lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club on this day. It was also the 22nd occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 149th known performance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including evening appearances.
Also on this day...
- 1984: UK single release: Borrowed Time by John Lennon
- 1967: Recording: Getting Better
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Granada Cinema, London – The Beatles’ second tour begins, with Chris Montez and Tommy Roe
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.