The Beatles performed twice at the Cavern Club on this day; one at lunchtime, and this second show at night.
The group topped a bill which also featured Johnny Sandon and the Searchers, and Kingsize Taylor and the Dominoes.
This was The Beatles’ 39th evening performance at the Cavern. This was also the 15th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue, and the first such occurrence in 1962.
Although the precise number of their Cavern performances is not known, The Beatles played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows at the Mathew Street venue between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Beatles museum opens in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 1970: Recording: I Me Mine
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day two
- 1964: Live: The Beatles’ Christmas Show
- 1964: US single release: Please Please Me
- 1963: Live: Two Red Shoes Ballroom, Elgin, Scotland
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1926: George Martin is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.