The Beatles’ residency at the Astoria Cinema in London’s Finsbury Park continued on this night, with another two performances of The Beatles’ Christmas Show. It was day nine of the show’s 16-date run.
The first act on stage was the Barron Knights and Duke D’Mond. Next came short sets from Tommy Quickly and The Fourmost, and Billy J Kramer and The Dakotas closed the first half. Following the interval there was a return from the Barron Knights and Duke D’Mond, then Cilla Black, and Rolf Harris. The Beatles were the final act of each show, with a performance lasting just 25 minutes.
The group performed nine songs: ‘Roll Over Beethoven’, ‘All My Loving’, ‘This Boy’, ‘I Wanna Be Your Man’, ‘She Loves You’, ‘Till There Was You’, ‘I Want To Hold Your Hand’, ‘Money (That’s What I Want)’ and ‘Twist And Shout’.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Beatles museum opens in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 1970: Recording: I Me Mine
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day two
- 1964: US single release: Please Please Me
- 1963: Live: Two Red Shoes Ballroom, Elgin, Scotland
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1926: George Martin is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.