The Beatles gave their 70th lunchtime performance at Liverpool's Cavern Club on this day.
The group's lunchtime shows in the Cavern typically lasted from 12-2pm. Overall this was their 109th appearance at the Mathew Street cellar club, including their late-night shows.
Although the precise number of their Cavern performances is not known, The Beatles played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows at the Mathew Street venue between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Also on this day...
- 1970: Glyn Johns compiles the second Get Back album
- 1970: John Lennon and Yoko Ono give a press conference in Aalborg, Denmark
- 1967: Recording: Penny Lane, Carnival Of Light
- 1966: Recording: overdubs for The Beatles At Shea Stadium
- 1965: Live: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1964: Radio: The Public Ear
- 1963: Live: Museum Hall, Bridge of Allan, Scotland
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.