The song was recorded during the Double Fantasy sessions. Ten takes were recorded, the best of which was selected for Milk And Honey.
The single peaked at number five on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States, and at number six on the United Kingdom’s singles chart.
Also on this day...
- 1970: Glyn Johns compiles the second Get Back album
- 1970: John Lennon and Yoko Ono give a press conference in Aalborg, Denmark
- 1967: Recording: Penny Lane, Carnival Of Light
- 1966: Recording: overdubs for The Beatles At Shea Stadium
- 1965: Live: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1964: Radio: The Public Ear
- 1963: Live: Museum Hall, Bridge of Allan, Scotland
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.