In all it spent 13 weeks in the charts. The single’s sleeve carried an advert for Morphy-Richards hairdryers, a comic strip featuring the character ‘Fran the Fan’.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Apple Records announces best-of compilation and bonus material
- 2009: Paul McCartney live at Fenway Park, Boston
- 1969: Recording: You Never Give Me Your Money, Because, The End
- 1967: George Harrison attends an Alla Rakha recording session
- 1966: UK album release: Revolver
- 1963: Live: Abbotsfield Park, Urmston
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.