This was The Beatles' second live show at Hull's Majestic Ballroom. The first had taken place on 20 October 1962. They played in the city on two subsequent occasions, in November 1963 and October 1964.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Riverdome, Horseshoe Casino and Hotel, Bossier City, LA, USA
- 2011: The Beatles and Paul McCartney win Grammy Awards
- 1969: Launch party for Mary Hopkin’s album Postcard
- 1967: Recording, mixing: A Day In The Life, Only A Northern Song
- 1967: US single release: Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1966: The Beatles receive ten Grammy Awards nominations
- 1964: Travel: New York to Miami
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.