On this day The Beatles gave their 84th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 134th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including the evening events.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Riverdome, Horseshoe Casino and Hotel, Bossier City, Louisiana
- 2011: The Beatles and Paul McCartney win Grammy Awards
- 1972: Wings live: Newcastle University
- 1969: Launch party for Mary Hopkin’s album Postcard
- 1967: Recording, mixing: A Day In The Life, Only A Northern Song
- 1967: US single release: Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1966: The Beatles receive ten Grammy Awards nominations
- 1964: Travel: New York to Miami
- 1963: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Hull
- 1962: George Martin meets Brian Epstein
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.