This was The Beatles’ second live show at Hull’s Majestic Ballroom. The first had taken place on 20 October 1962. They played in the city on two subsequent occasions, in November 1963 and October 1964.
Last updated: 5 February 2010
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Riverdome, Horseshoe Casino and Hotel, Bossier City, Louisiana
- 2011: The Beatles and Paul McCartney win Grammy Awards
- 1972: Wings live: Newcastle University
- 1969: Launch party for Mary Hopkin’s album Postcard
- 1967: Recording, mixing: A Day In The Life, Only A Northern Song
- 1967: US single release: Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1966: The Beatles receive ten Grammy Awards nominations
- 1964: Travel: New York to Miami
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1962: George Martin meets Brian Epstein
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.
The dates are wrong they played Majestic in February 1963 I remember it well, it was a great night and it was possible to get very close to the stage as this was quite open then.
I was there . They had mucky old leather jackets and were not very good. Looked tired out and came at about 1.30a.m if I remember properly. I was 20.All the girls danced round their bags.