Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
10 July 2014
11.27pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
8341sp_Permalink sp_Print

I would go completely bananas if I’d be on my laptop all day long. I can’t even handle sitting inside for two days in a row. One day is about acceptable, but then I just need to go out. I can’t even come up with a lot of interesting posts either, so that makes even less posts.

10 July 2014
11.32pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22240
8342sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hope people don’t think they have to post a lot for us to like them and care about them. That would bother me if people thought that.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Mr. Kite, Starr Shine?
11 July 2014
12.25am
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
8343sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

I hope people don’t think they have to post a lot for us to like them and care about them. That would bother me if people thought that.

I hope not too… I think they just enjoy it though.

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

Bulldog, Starr Shine?

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

11 July 2014
1.11am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
8344sp_Permalink sp_Print

How would things be different without ranks or a Top ten posters list?

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

11 July 2014
1.18am
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
8345sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

There would be no fun rooftop parties, and people would most likely post slower.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

11 July 2014
1.19am
Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1512
8346sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mr. Kite said

Annadog40 said

people would most likely post slower.

Yup

If you're lonely (or not!), you can talk to me. .....Hey! Are you a new member on this fine forum and don't know where to go to introduce yourself?
Well, you can do it here! Dig it?

11 July 2014
1.26am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
8347sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mr. Kite said

Annadog40 said

There would be no fun rooftop parties, and people would most likely post slower.

Maybe but is that always a bad thing?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

11 July 2014
1.44am
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
8348sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Mr. Kite said

Annadog40 said

Maybe but is that always a bad thing?

Posting slower? Or faster? Neither are bad in my opinion as long as they’re not spammy.

Can buy Joe love!

Amazon | iTunes

11 July 2014
11.09am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
8349sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mr. Kite said 

Posting slower? Or faster? Neither are bad in my opinion as long as they’re not spammy.

Dear friend,

Based on the further explicit investment information about your country from my research i wish to invest in your country under your supervision.

I am Prince Fayed W. Bolkiah, the eldest son of Prince Jeffrey Bolkiah former finance minister of Brunei, the tiny oil-rich sultanate on the Gulf Island of Borneo. I save your time by not amplifying my extended royal family history, which has already been disseminated by the international media during the controversial dispute that erupted between my father and his tepbrother, the sultan of Brunei Sheik Muda Hassanal Bolkiah.

As you may know from the international media,The sultan had accused my father of financial mismanagement and impropriety of us$14.8 billion dollars this was as a result of the Asian Financial crisis that made my father company Amedeo Development Company and government owned Brunei investment company to be declared bankrupt during his tenure in the office. However my father was kept under house arrest, his bank account and private properties including a crude oil export refinery were later confiscated by the sultanate to avoid further prosecution from the sultan and his security operatives, but before I could do that I was placed under house arrest by the sultan and not have access to phone but I have a palm V hand -held computer from which I am sending you this mail. Some of the guard here are still loyal to me, so they would be my contact with you if there is any documents I need to send to you to enable you have access to this funds and invest it for me. 

Before my in-castration, I went ahead to dispatch the sum of five undred million United States Dollars {USD$500,000,000.00} in cash under special arrangement into the custody of different private Banks and trust company’s for safe keeping abroad. The money where splited and kept in the following countries, : in Canada, France, Spain, Holland andin London. Firstly, you will be required to travel to London to claim the money there before prceeding to other countries.

I seek your good assistance to invest these funds into a profitable investment in your country to facilitate future survival for my family abroad. After due deliberation with my aids we decides to offer a certain percentage to you as compensation for your co-operation and kind sincerity to carry out this assignment.

Since there will be an expenditure from your side, I will advice you not to worry about it because you will be reimburse any amount you may spend as to enable this transaction get to it’s final dream, for both local and international expenses will be given to you back while you will be part of the beneficiary of any investment made with this cash, to add to that, I will like to let to your understand that all this is not part of your financial compensation that will be given to you. 

During this dispensation Please I count on your absolute confidentiality, transparency and trust while looking forward to your prompt reply towards a swift conclusion of this transaction. Many thanks and blessing remains with you.

Finally, your financial compensation will be the 15% of the total cash. That is 15% of ( u.s $500,000,000.00 ).

Thanks.
Prince Fayed.W. Bolkiah.
Please reply here: princefayed@todito.com 

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

11 July 2014
12.23pm
MrMoonlight
Alone in the clouds all blue...
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 832
8350sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welp, my main laptop’s finally kicked the bucket – and it’s not even a bloody hardware failure! The wire that’s used to plug it in has pretty much snapped, so you have to reach round the back and hold it in, but it sparks and makes a horrifying sound so I’m leaving it for now. I’m using my smaller one which I originally only used for file back up and on-the-go, but it’s got an awful display and ugh.

11 July 2014
12.54pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
8351sp_Permalink sp_Print

ahdn_paul_06 Could you get a new wire? Or did the plug socket go to like with my computer

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

11 July 2014
12.57pm
MrMoonlight
Alone in the clouds all blue...
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 832
8352sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said
ahdn_paul_06 Could you get a new wire? Or did the plug socket go to like with my computer

I could do, but I’m really impatient.

11 July 2014
1.06pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
8353sp_Permalink sp_Print

@AppleScruffJunior said

Mr. Kite said 

Dear friend,
Based on the further explicit investment information about your country from my research i wish to invest in your country under your supervision.
I am Prince Fayed W. Bolkiah, the eldest son of Prince Jeffrey Bolkiah former finance minister of Brunei, the tiny oil-rich sultanate on the Gulf Island of Borneo. I save your time by not amplifying my extended royal family history, which has already been disseminated by the international media during the controversial dispute that erupted between my father and his tepbrother, the sultan of Brunei Sheik Muda Hassanal Bolkiah.
As you may know from the international media,The sultan had accused my father of financial mismanagement and impropriety of us$14.8 billion dollars this was as a result of the Asian Financial crisis that made my father company Amedeo Development Company and government owned Brunei investment company to be declared bankrupt during his tenure in the office. However my father was kept under house arrest, his bank account and private properties including a crude oil export refinery were later confiscated by the sultanate to avoid further prosecution from the sultan and his security operatives, but before I could do that I was placed under house arrest by the sultan and not have access to phone but I have a palm V hand -held computer from which I am sending you this mail. Some of the guard here are still loyal to me, so they would be my contact with you if there is any documents I need to send to you to enable you have access to this funds and invest it for me. 
Before my in-castration, I went ahead to dispatch the sum of five undred million United States Dollars {USD$500,000,000.00} in cash under special arrangement into the custody of different private Banks and trust company’s for safe keeping abroad. The money where splited and kept in the following countries, : in Canada, France, Spain, Holland andin London. Firstly, you will be required to travel to London to claim the money there before prceeding to other countries.
I seek your good assistance to invest these funds into a profitable investment in your country to facilitate future survival for my family abroad. After due deliberation with my aids we decides to offer a certain percentage to you as compensation for your co-operation and kind sincerity to carry out this assignment.
Since there will be an expenditure from your side, I will advice you not to worry about it because you will be reimburse any amount you may spend as to enable this transaction get to it’s final dream, for both local and international expenses will be given to you back while you will be part of the beneficiary of any investment made with this cash, to add to that, I will like to let to your understand that all this is not part of your financial compensation that will be given to you. 
During this dispensation Please I count on your absolute confidentiality, transparency and trust while looking forward to your prompt reply towards a swift conclusion of this transaction. Many thanks and blessing remains with you.
Finally, your financial compensation will be the 15% of the total cash. That is 15% of ( u.s $500,000,000.00 ).
Thanks.
Prince Fayed.W. Bolkiah.
Please reply here: princefayed@todito.com 

Image Enlarger

a-hard-days-night-john-6
I read almost all of it before I got the joke… In my defense I’m not fully awake yet.

Can buy Joe love!

Amazon | iTunes

11 July 2014
1.12pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
8354sp_Permalink sp_Print

It isn’t funny anyways so nah :P

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Mr. Kite

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

11 July 2014
5.46pm
thisbirdhasflown
Standing in the dock at Southhampton...
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1762
8355sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dear Joe…

Thank you for taking down the heal/hurt games. I noticed that they took up space in recent posts and rendered the forum untidy. But I also noticed that Heal/Hurt attendance had declined significantly ever since a heal/hurt game played by me, Bulldog, Anna, Eva, and Mr. kite went awry. Their attendance was declining. I obviously understand that there were several heal/hurt fans, and I do understand your feelings. They were fun at their peak, and we will all miss them. But I agree, that in the best interests of the forum, the heal/hurt games have to go. Thank you Joe for taking them down.

The following people thank thisbirdhasflown for this post:

Beatleva

By hook or by crook, I'll be last in this book.

12 July 2014
5.06am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
8356sp_Permalink sp_Print

I did one of those “Which Beatles Song Are You” games/quizzes on Facebook. I got

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds

A true optimist at heart, you’re the one your friends go to when they need a little cheer. Here Comes The Sun and you say it’s all right!

I like it. I hope is is even at least a little true.

12 July 2014
6.12am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
8357sp_Permalink sp_Print

Would any of you want to take on a project like this: a Beatles “name that tune” style game where you do a small clip of a song and let people guess what the song is. I would like one that does the beginnings of songs (as many of them as you are willing to do). Then we could have you (or someone/s) do song endings.

has some clips, but they aren’t at the beginning of the songs.

However, I like how this site

http://www.ps11music.com/liste…..atles.html

is set up where you can type in your guess and see if you are right. (I can’t hear any songs on this site using my phone, and I can’t get to my computer to see if it works there.)

If some of you want to collaborate, you could do it via PM (like we have mentioned recently) and then post the game (maybe some songs at a time) for us some how, like perhaps on one of your YouTube channels?

**note, I only did a very quick Google search to see if something like this already exists. If someone discovers that it is already done out there, please let us know.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Starr Shine?, Bulldog
12 July 2014
6.18am
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5446

Sounds fun, and I’d be willing to help (if it’s not too technically demanding), even though I wouldn’t get to use it to its fullest. (I can’t be seen/heard playing little audioclips all day at work :( )

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

12 July 2014
3.39pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
8359sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tommy Ramone, drummer with, and last surviving member of the original line-up of the Ramones, has died at the age of 62 from bile duct cancer.

tommy-ramone.jpgImage Enlarger

ramones_1290682013.jpgImage Enlarger

RIP Tommy! RIP The Ramones!!!

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Necko

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

12 July 2014
4.32pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5446

Unbelievable…not one of ’em became a senior citizen. :(

ROCK IS DEAD

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694