Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
4 June 2017
10.39pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8044
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
9021sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said, 4/12/17 
My uncle entered the hospital last week. I’m not sure how much I’m allowed to say and where the line where I’m violating privacy is. Let’s just say that he’s undergone multiple surgeries and it’s serious enough for me to be worried.   

He’s in physical rehab now. As of May 31, the goal was to go back home in twelve days. 

The following people thank Necko for this post:

sir walter raleigh

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

4 June 2017
10.41pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8044
9022sp_Permalink sp_Print

sir walter raleigh said
Totaled my car in an accident on the highway. Besides a mild head injury (probably a concussion) and some pain in the collar bone from where the seatbelt tugged me, I am alright. I’m sitting in the hospital now. 

I’m really pissed about it because I was on the way hone from UGA where I had just played a concert, so I had my keyboard, amp, and other equipment in the trunk which is now broken. It was my fault too. I just didn’t see this big truck in front of me slowing down. The rain had a lot to do with it as well. 

But my dad said not to worry as long as i’m ok. “We can always replace a keyboard or a car, and I hated that car anyway. Another silver lining is that the my head looks pretty badass with a big bloody bruise on my forehead. 

IMG_3124.JPGImage Enlarger

That’s unfortunate. Good thing you aren’t too, too, too badly hurt. Feel better. 

The following people thank Necko for this post:

sir walter raleigh

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

5 June 2017
12.13am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
9023sp_Permalink sp_Print

@piggylane Afraid I’m in London not Liverpool.

So, suggestions for a last partial day in Liverpool?

Have you been to the Pier Head yet? I know you’ve mentioned going to The Beatles Story at the Albert Dock.

If you go down as if you were going to the Albert Dock, and on that main road, instead of going left toward the Albert Dock, go right and it takes you to the Pier Head.

What’s at the Pier Head?

Well, there’s the new statue of The Beatles there:

pier-head.jpgImage Enlarger

You can also take a return trip on the Ferry ‘Cross the Mersey there. Unless they’ve got rid of them, the Ferries have “Dazzle” ship designs by Sir Peter Blake.

And, if you still have your Beatles Story ticket, and it was for yesterday (4), then it should still be valid today, and the Beatles Story has a second site at the Pier Head. It has a permanent display in conjunction with the Grammy museum about the British Invasion, and a changing display – which at the moment is Hidden Gallery:

The photographic exhibition displays thirty-eight black and white shots of the Fab Four taken between 1963-1964 by photographer Paul Berriff who unearthed the photos in his attic after almost fifty years.

The Beatles Story and the Ferry Ticket Office are both in the same building.

The Museum of Liverpool is also on the Pier Head. Head up to the top floor (I think) and they have a section about Liverpool music through the years, with a section of it covering The Beatles and Merseybeat. On the same floor, very close to the display, there is a film about The Beatles shown every half-hour or so.

If you haven’t been down to the Pier Head yet, you’ll find more than enough to pass your remaining time in that beautiful city.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

5 June 2017
2.06am
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1277
9024sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve spent the weekend at a national music competition with my saxophone and I had a fantastic Beatles moment there. 

The night before I had to play I lay awake for hours due to my nervousness and as I realised that I won’t fall asleep anyway by simply lying there and worrying I sneaked out of my room onto the hotel’s rooftop (you could legally enter it). There I sat down, watched the sleeping city underneath me and listened to Abbey Road on my mp3 player. That was epic! I’ve never felt that elated and powerful while listening to a Beatles album. You have to imagine what it feels like to listen to ‘I Want You (She’s So Heavy)’ or the trumpets in ‘Carry That Weight ‘ while you are standing high above the illuminated skyline of a city at night. It’s supernatural!

I just hope nobody saw me when I stood up, stretched my arms towards the sky and gave a soundless imitation of ‘I don’t knooooow, IIIII don’t know’.paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

If you’ve got a list of places at which you want to listen to a (Beatles) album, I’d highly recommend putting ‘rooftop at night’ on it!a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank Martha for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, Dark Overlord, sir walter raleigh, SgtPeppersBulldog, ewe2, QuarryMan, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

Not once does the diversity seem forced -- the genius of the record is how the vaudevillian "When I'm 64" seems like a logical extension of "Within You Without You" and how it provides a gateway to the chiming guitars of "Lovely Rita. - Stephen T. Erlewine on Sgt Pepper's

5 June 2017
3.26am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
9025sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just as long as you’re not on LSD while doing so!

That must have been magical, although I’m surprised you didn’t listen to Revolver

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

QuarryMan, Martha, Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

5 June 2017
6.55am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22253
9026sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hope your uncle continues to get better, @Necko.

@Martha, what a sublime experience.

How is your pain level today, @sir walter raleigh?

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Martha
5 June 2017
7.37am
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
9027sp_Permalink sp_Print

I would recommend only doing that on a flat rooftop, on a rooftop like mine (as well as most houses) you would most likely fall to either your death or some very severe injuries. Also, I think it would’ve been cool if you brought your sax with you and played the songs that The Beatles performed on the rooftop, although I think it’s pretty clear why you didn’t do that.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

QuarryMan, Martha, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

5 June 2017
9.45am
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
9028sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Ahhh Girl soreness has increased and the head pain is still here. I’m just going to have to take it easy for a while since I most likely have a concussion. 

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

5 June 2017
10.10am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
9029sp_Permalink sp_Print

The last wreck I was in, which wasn’t my fault, I didn’t hurt until the next day. Take it easy.

sir walter raleigh
5 June 2017
12.59pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
9030sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ladies and gentlemen, I have passed my dissertation. Now all that’s left for me is my end presentation and then I’ve finished my studies. After summer vacation I’ll be starting my new studies, to get a teacher’s degree. For my internship I’ll be teaching at the local community college. So excited.

The following people thank Linde for this post:

sir walter raleigh, QuarryMan, Ahhh Girl, Martha, AppleScruffJunior, meanmistermustard, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug, ewe2
5 June 2017
1.15pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
9031sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said

That must have been magical, although I’m surprised you didn’t listen to Revolver .   

I think Abbey Road was a good choice. I originally thought Rubber Soul given how laid back it is but the epicness of Abbey Road suits @Martha ‘s experience. I have to try that! I think I would have gone for Let It Be myself though, Across The Universe would be sublime at night.

As for me and my boring life, I had a history exam today. It went okay, given that I love history. I’m doing it next year for A level as well, choosing the modern course. To tell you the truth, I only chose modern because it has a unit on the 60s which goes into the cultural impacts of The Beatles and The Stones on the latter part of the decade.

Right now, I’m planning for my english creative writing exam tomorrow, I’m preparing a short story on an undiscovered criminal who goes back to collect the thing he stole forty years later. 

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

Martha, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

5 June 2017
1.16pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
9032sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
Ladies and gentlemen, I have passed my dissertation. Now all that’s left for me is my end presentation and then I’ve finished my studies. After summer vacation I’ll be starting my new studies, to get a teacher’s degree. For my internship I’ll be teaching at the local community college. So excited.  

Congrats! 

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

5 June 2017
1.19pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
9033sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good for you, @Linde! Have an apple apple01 All the best to you as you work on your teaching degree.

5 June 2017
1.34pm
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1277
9034sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congratulations @Linde! Cool that you want to be a teacher that’s an awesome job!

The Hole Got Fixed said

That must have been magical, although I’m surprised you didn’t listen to Revolver .   

QuarryMan said

I think Abbey Road was a good choice. I originally thought Rubber Soul given how laid back it is but the epicness of Abbey Road suits @Martha ‘s experience. I have to try that! I think I would have gone for Let It Be myself though, Across The Universe would be sublime at night.

If my mp3 player hadn’t been broken so that I can only play albums that have a letter between A and F at the beginning I would’ve listened to either Revolver (my favourite album) or Let It Be (come on, it was on a rooftop!) indeed.a-hard-days-night-george-10

But since I’ve not listened to Abbey Road for a long time it was a great revival!

The following people thank Martha for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug, QuarryMan

Not once does the diversity seem forced -- the genius of the record is how the vaudevillian "When I'm 64" seems like a logical extension of "Within You Without You" and how it provides a gateway to the chiming guitars of "Lovely Rita. - Stephen T. Erlewine on Sgt Pepper's

5 June 2017
2.46pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
9035sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congrats @Linde – best of luck moving forward. apple01

This month has been very taxing on my time – hence the extended absences from the Forum lately. Work is very busy and my weekend/vacation schedule has been crazy busy, but fun. Three weeks ago, we went home for the weekend to New York for Mother ‘s Day. Two weekends ago we were in Allentown for my brother-in-law’s birthday party. Last weekend, I picked up my friends from the airport as they were staying with us all last week. We spent the week exploring Pennsylvania because they had never been here and since we have only lived here a short time, we were all tourists. We went on day trips to Gettysburg, Amish Country, the Fight 93 Memorial, Ohiopyle State park and various historical attractions in Philadelphia. On Saturday, they left and my father-in-law took their place as he stayed with us for the weekend to attend an air show that was in town. He left yesterday and we went back to work today. I am totally wiped out. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

Still to come are trips back to Allentown next weekend for a nephew’s high school graduation and then another nephew in New York graduates on June 22. paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

The following people thank Zig for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

5 June 2017
4.12pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
9036sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ I was hoping that you were busy. I didn’t want to find out that you turned into an overzealous, religious nut and burned all your Beatles music and books.

The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug, ewe2
5 June 2017
4.24pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
9037sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nothing much going on over here although I am considering making a website.

5 June 2017
4.40pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
9038sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congratulations @Linde! A Long And Winding Road lays ahead! 

I’ve got two exams today paul-mccartney, but one of them is music. We shall see if the Beatles are mentioned or not!

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Dark Overlord, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

5 June 2017
4.47pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
9039sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8That reminds me, another day (or month, I dunno) closer to The Beatles topic in music!

Going back to what I remember in the booklet, my bet is it’s something to do with the psychedelic period (as I read a sentence which mentioned Strawberry Fields/Penny Lane and the Mellotron, and perhaps because Sgt Pepper is 50), although they used a picture of them from circa 1964.

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

sir walter raleigh, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

5 June 2017
4.49pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
9040sp_Permalink sp_Print

Don’t you worry The Hole Got Fixed, unless if you’re teacher is 100 years old or hates The Beatles, they will be on there, The Beatles are the most important people in music history. I personally think that The Beatles are even more important than Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, Louis Armstrong, Elvis, and Michael Jackson. Also, they are masters at the art, George is a great guitarist, Paul is a great bassist, Ringo is the drummer, and those 3 part harmonies just get you very well but most importantly, they were and still are to this day a very popular artist with multiple albums selling more than 10 million copies in the US alone and I dare you to name me one other artist besides The Beatles where every almost single they made hit #1 on the US and UK charts.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8044
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2868
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5521
Newest Members:
thewildhoneypie, arkaologist, Domesticatedhoneypie, FabFour125, Dr. Robert
Moderators: Joe: 5695, meanmistermustard: 24966, Ahhh Girl: 22253, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5695