Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
5 June 2017
5.09pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
9041sp_Permalink sp_Print

I disagree. Bach is the most important person in music. All modern music stems from him. Before he came around there was really no way of studying and analyzing music in a universal way. Bach began the common practice period which enventually evolved from the baroque period to the romantic period, and on and on until eventually pop standards which were te big thing while blues and jazz were emerging. Once artists like Buddy Holly and Chuck Berry successfully merged the two, it opened up music for The Beatles.   

Blues and jazz styles began separately from the common music that came from Bach, but the reason that they were so revolutionary was because they broke all of the rules; rules that would not exist without Bach. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Martha

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

5 June 2017
6.18pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
9042sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dark Overlord said
Don’t you worry The Hole Got Fixed, unless if you’re teacher is 100 years old or hates The Beatles, they will be on there, The Beatles are the most important people in music history. I personally think that The Beatles are even more important than Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, Louis Armstrong, Elvis, and Michael Jackson. Also, they are masters at the art, George is a great guitarist, Paul is a great bassist, Ringo is the drummer, and those 3 part harmonies just get you very well but most importantly, they were and still are to this day a very popular artist with multiple albums selling more than 10 million copies in the US alone and I dare you to name me one other artist besides The Beatles where every almost single they made hit #1 on the US and UK charts.  

My music teacher loves the Beatles, so I’m hopeful.

But I couldn’t agree more with swr. Bach was very, very important (and directly influenced some Beatles songs too!)

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Dark Overlord

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

5 June 2017
7.51pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
9043sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sure Bach was important but The Beatles are far more popular and in my opinion create better music than Bach.

Anyways, I went to a Chinese buffet. Usually, I eat until I throw but today I wasn’t that hungry so I didn’t eat a lot, although I thought about a lot of Beatles related things, such as how the desert reminded me of the song Savoy Truffle .

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

5 June 2017
9.13pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629

So I promised I’d post about my Cleveland trip, and now a week after getting back, I’m finally doing it.  I was going to post it over the weekend, but Saturday I was house cleaning, then Sunday I was sick with some headache thing that luckily is way better today.  Anyway…

So Wednesday we met at the airport at 5 o’clock, had layover in Denver for about 2 seconds, then we went to Cleveland.  We had dinner at this place called the Music Box, where we watched this guy named Dreadlock Dave perform.

Thursday we did some sight seeing, and then were going to play the anthem at the Indians game……but the game got rained outa-hard-days-night-paul-10.  Instead, we went to Dave ‘n’ Busters, which was the lunch plan for the last day.

Friday we played in front of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, then we went in and looked around for a couple of hours(pics below).  They had The Beatles and The Rolling Stones in the same room, and this one kid was like, “Isn’t that like having Star Wars and Star Trek in the same room?” which is pretty true. There was also a 50th anniversary of Rolling Stone magazine exhibit.  In the gift shop they had a Paul and a John inductee shirt, and I bought both of them.  They also had shirts and mouse pads with 45 inserts on them, and I heard 3 different members of the band say “woah, it’s a fidget spinner”, and each time I had to correct them.  It became sort of a joke after that, calling the 45 inserts fidget spinners.

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

IMG_6936.jpgImage Enlarger

Beatles Exhibit

IMG_6939.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6940.jpgImage Enlarger

Image Enlarger

IMG_6942.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6945.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6946.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6947.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6948.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6950.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6951.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6952.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6953.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6954.jpgImage Enlarger

Other stuff

IMG_6955.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6958.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6959.jpgImage Enlarger

Rolling Stone exhibit

IMG_6972.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6963.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6964.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6967.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6968.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6969.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6970.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6971.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6975.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6976.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6977.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6979.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6991.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6985.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6988.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6990.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6980.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6995.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6996.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6997.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7002.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7003.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_6998.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7004.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7006.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7007.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7008.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7009.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7012.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7013.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7014.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7015.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7016.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7017.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7018.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7019.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7020.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7021.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7022.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7023.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7024.jpgImage Enlarger

The shirts I got

IMG_7058.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7057.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7059.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_7056.jpgImage Enlarger

This shirt is from this Lennon McCartney line.  They are shirts inspired by Lennon McCartney songs.  This one is A Hard Day’s Night

IMG_7055.jpgImage Enlarger

I also got this poster

IMG_7060.jpgImage Enlarger

After the Hall, we went to see the Cleveland Symphony Orchestra, which was pretty cool.

Saturday we went to Cedar point the whole day.  While there my friends and I combined money to buy our band teacher this gift.  The one of the workers saw us and thought it was super sweet then got super excited when she found out we were from Vegas, so she games us a 20% discount on the present.  I collected the money, which was in mostly ones, except for one of the kids who only had a 5.  I didn’t think to put it in order, because I don’t even put the money in my wallet in order unless I’m organizing it, so I left the 5 in the middle of the 6 ones.  When I gave the money to the lady she started counting it, and when she got to the 5, she broke down and stopped functioning.  She goes, “WHY DID YOU GIVE ME THIS????  WHAT DO I DO???? WHAT DO I DO!!???”  Another cashier had to come over to show her that she could just skip the 5 and count the ones underneath, then count the 5.  Although she got upset with me and took back all the nice stuff she said about us just from me.  Then she told me I wasn’t allowed back in the store, but I went back in at the end of the day and no one kicked me out.  The rest of the day was basic amusement park fun.

Sunday was the aquarium where we saw a bunch of fishies.  At the end of the shark exhibit there was a board where you could write your feelings about sharks, so I wrote this.

IMG_7045.jpgImage Enlarger

Then I saw this in the gift shop and thought of @Beatlebug

IMG_7042.jpgImage Enlarger

After that we went bowling as our replacement lunch since we did Dave ‘n’ Busters in place of the Indians game.  It was a bit funny, because the next day I had a date where we went bowling.

Then we headed back to Vegas.  We had layover in Chicago for enough time to have dinner.  I got this pizza or “flat bread”.  I paid $16 for it.  It came in a normal pizza box, about 13″ x 13″.  When I opened the box, all that was in there was this strip of pizza that barely filled 1/3 of the box. And it wasn’t just me that got jiped, everybody else that went there got the same thing.  Anyway, we finally got to Vegas at like 9.

Other things in my life include the end of my senior year.  Friday we had our grad walk around the school, or as I like to call it “The Great Senior Cattle Drive”  It’s basically the band doing a cattle drive with the seniors around the school.  This year I was the cattle though.  Also this girl that I used to have a huge crush on Freshman year(and the end of 8th grade year), came up and wanted to take a picture with me.  a-hard-days-night-paul-7  I’ve mentioned that I’ve gone to ice cream with her a couple times on this forum, so it’s not that surprising, but it is kinda funny.  Then today was my last full day of school.  The last 3 days(or 2 if you’re a senior… like me) of school are half days where we take exams.  Although, if you’re a senior with only 4 periods you only get out 7 minutes earlier than usual so the half days aren’t that exciting for me.

The following people thank William Shears Campbell for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, Dark Overlord, sir walter raleigh, The Hole Got Fixed, Martha, Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

5 June 2017
9.22pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
9045sp_Permalink sp_Print

Those are like 50 big pictures, I’d fix the spoilers. Great pictures though.

6 June 2017
12.17am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8046
9046sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve been to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame before. Good times. 

The following people thank Necko for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

6 June 2017
4.38am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
9047sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jésus sur un vélo! I’m lucky I’m at home or my internet would have crashed if I clicked on this page with all those images- aye yai yai

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

6 June 2017
6.48am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24967
9048sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a team meeting to attend, it starts in 45 minutes. 

Image result for bored team meetings gifImage Enlarger

I wonder if we will get a game of Heads Down, Thumps Up going?

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

sir walter raleigh, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

6 June 2017
7.21am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22281
9049sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for the photos, @Needs. Ahhh Mom says our next vacation will be to Cleveland.

I think your spoiler tags didn’t get in the right place.

6 June 2017
7.33am
William Shears Campbell
Rishikesh
Members

Oh no! I’m so sorry! My spoiler done broke. That was completely unintentional, and it should be fixed now.

Also good luck to you @meanmistermustard.paul-mccartney-thumb_gif Also it’s called heads up seven up!

sir walter raleigh, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

6 June 2017
7.43am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
9051sp_Permalink sp_Print

No it’s ‘heads down, thumbs up’ dammit! 

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

6 June 2017
7.51am
georgiewood
In my tree
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 792

Jésus sur un vélo!

Ha ha. I like it. IMG_0181.JPGImage Enlarger

More popular than the Beatles on a bike?

The following people thank georgiewood for this post:

William Shears Campbell, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did'.
Kurt Vonnegut, Timequake, 1997

6 June 2017
7.55am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22281
9053sp_Permalink sp_Print

I really meant @William Shears Campbell stupid autocorrect.

6 June 2017
8.44am
William Shears Campbell
Rishikesh
Members
9054sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Ahhh Girl said
I really meant @William Shears Campbell stupid autocorrect.  

I figured.

@AppleScruffJunior it’s heads up seven up. Just like how honor, color, favor, and other similar words don’t have a U.

Today is the first of 3 exam days, although seniors don’t have to go the third day, because most have only 4 classes, and the ones who have more took their 5th and 6th period exams yesterday. Today I have English, which is just a bunch of cold reads, and I have Band, which is, “The same test we’ve taken 1 to 7 times”.

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

6 June 2017
9.15am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18183
9055sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m in the Peach State on a family visit. Got here at 1 AM last night (morning whatever…) after encountering a huge wreck on the interstate involving a wrong-way driver. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

I simply cannot sleep in cars. Hence, I was unable to drag myself out of bed before 9:45… a-hard-days-night-paul-10

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

6 June 2017
10.31am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24967
9056sp_Permalink sp_Print

Why “seven up” when both of your thumbs are pressed down in the game? That leaves 8 fingers remaining so where is the seven coming from? Seems a daft complicated name for a game?

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

sir walter raleigh, The Hole Got Fixed

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

6 June 2017
11.12am
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
9057sp_Permalink sp_Print

Apart from being envious of @William Shears Campbell and where he has been recentlyahdn_paul_01 , I’ve had an okay day today. I did have to stay behind and finish some work in music, but that just gave me a better chance to look at The Beatles topic in the booklet! And yes, it is on Sgt Pepper !  There are articles summarising the individual songs, but entire pages dedicated to songs like Within You Without You and A Day In The Life . I had to quickly flip back to our current topic though because the teacher was going around looking at everybody’s work.

I also got a score of 10000 on the Google Images Atari Breakout easter egg. a-hard-days-night-john-1

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

6 June 2017
4.01pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789

Silly Girl said
I’m in the Peach State on a family visit. Got here at 1 AM last night (morning whatever…) after encountering a huge wreck on the interstate involving a wrong-way driver. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

I simply cannot sleep in cars. Hence, I was unable to drag myself out of bed before 9:45… a-hard-days-night-paul-10  

Hey-yo! Welcome to my state @Beatlebug !Unfortunately its been a really rainy summer so far, but I hope you enjoy your stay. What city are you staying in? If it is Atlanta you better get used to those terrible drivers. Obviously I am one of them. a-hard-days-night-paul-10

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

Beatlebug

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

6 June 2017
4.12pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
9059sp_Permalink sp_Print

Not really doing much today, got a haircut and had a large Whopper meal for lunch but that’s about it.

6 June 2017
10.39pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
9060sp_Permalink sp_Print

No, it’s called “Seven Up” (that’s what we call it)!

meanmistermustard said
Why “seven up” when both of your thumbs are pressed down in the game? That leaves 8 fingers remaining so where is the seven coming from? Seems a daft complicated name for a game?  

mmm, whenever I’ve played the game, the seven referred to the number of people pressing down thumbs.

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

William Shears Campbell

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Von Bontee
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8046
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2879
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5523
Newest Members:
tommytones, Glenn pittman, elbeatlero, ltrond, spurvis
Moderators: Joe: 5695, meanmistermustard: 24967, Ahhh Girl: 22281, Beatlebug: 18183, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5695