Studio Two, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: Paul McCartney
On this day he returned to Abbey Road to listen to a playback of the recordings. It was a brief session, lasting from 6.30-8pm. Like all the other McCartney sessions, it was booked under the pseudonym Billy Martin.
The only song listened to on this occasion was Oo You. McCartney listened to both the eight-track and stereo mix, which had been previously prepared at Morgan Studios.
Also on this day...
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono fly to Paris
- 1969: Paul and Linda McCartney begin their honeymoon
- 1965: Filming: Help!, Austria
- 1964: US single release: Can’t Buy Me Love
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Sheffield
- 1963: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.