The Beatles enjoyed a well-earned weekend off after filming at Gatwick Airport, but the shooting schedule for A Hard Day’s Night resumed on this day at Twickenham Film Studios.
The only Beatle to appear on camera was Ringo Starr; the studio canteen scene also involved Wilfrid Brambell, who persuaded Starr to stop reading and go out without the rest of the group.
Also on this day...
- 1970: Playback: McCartney by Paul McCartney
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono fly to Paris
- 1969: Paul and Linda McCartney begin their honeymoon
- 1965: Filming: Help!, Austria
- 1964: US single release: Can’t Buy Me Love
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Sheffield
- 1963: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.