This was The Beatles’ 10th known performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club venue.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows. Their final performance at the venue took place on 3 August 1963.
The Beatles played four consecutive lunchtime shows this week; this was the final one.
Also on this day...
- 1970: Playback: McCartney by Paul McCartney
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono fly to Paris
- 1969: Paul and Linda McCartney begin their honeymoon
- 1965: Filming: Help!, Austria
- 1964: US single release: Can’t Buy Me Love
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Sheffield
- 1963: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.