They arrived in America on the following day, landing at John F Kennedy Airport in New York City. Their honeymoon lasted two weeks, and included time spent with the Eastman family.
Last updated: 15 March 2017
Also on this day...
- 1970: Playback: McCartney by Paul McCartney
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono fly to Paris
- 1965: Filming: Help!, Austria
- 1964: US single release: Can’t Buy Me Love
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Sheffield
- 1963: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.