The day before they watched Bob Dylan perform at the Isle of Wight Festival, John Lennon, Yoko Ono, Ringo Starr and Maureen Starkey travelled to the island.
Last updated: 2 June 2020
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney urges Scots to vote No to independence
- 1972: John Lennon live: Madison Square Garden, New York
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Dear Prudence
- 1968: UK single release: Hey Jude
- 1966: Travel: Los Angeles to London
- 1965: Live: Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles
- 1964: Live: Convention Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Southport
- 1963: Television: The Mersey Sound
- 1962: Live: Riverpark Ballroom, Chester
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.