On this day The Beatles gave their 128th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 224th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including the evening events.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney urges Scots to vote No to independence
- 1972: John Lennon live at Madison Square Garden, New York
- 1969: John Lennon and Ringo Starr travel to the Isle of Wight to see Bob Dylan
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Dear Prudence
- 1968: UK single release: Hey Jude
- 1966: Travel: Los Angeles to London
- 1965: Live: Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles
- 1964: Live: Convention Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Southport
- 1963: Television: The Mersey Sound
- 1962: Live: Riverpark Ballroom, Chester
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.