You Never Give Me Your Money was completed during this mixing session, which took place in the control room of Abbey Road’s Studio Two from 2.30-9.15pm.
Eight stereo mixes of the song were made on this day, and were numbered 20-27. Take 23 was chosen as the best, and the first attempt at a crossfade into Sun King/Mean Mr Mustard took place the following day, 14 August 1969.
Also on this day...
- 2008: The Beatles’ contract with Brian Epstein to be auctioned
- 2008: John Lennon’s killer denied parole for fifth time
- 1968: Recording, editing: Sexy Sadie, Yer Blues
- 1966: KLUE radio in Texas organises a public Beatles bonfire
- 1966: Live: Olympia Stadium, Detroit
- 1965: Travel: London to New York
- 1965: US album release: Help!
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Llandudno
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Crewe
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.