Three Abbey Road songs were mixed in stereo during this 7pm-2am session.
Take 34 was chosen as the best for the time being, although it was subsequently combined with a remix, number 37, of the final verse only. That work took place two days later on 14 August.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: US Airways Center, Phoenix, Arizona
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Investors Group Field, Winnipeg, Canada
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: Bell Centre, Montreal, Canada
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Not Guilty
- 1968: John Lennon and Yoko Ono attend an Ossie Clark fashion show
- 1966: Live: International Amphitheatre, Chicago
- 1966: Press conference: Astor Tower Hotel, Chicago
- 1964: Radio: The Teen Scene
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Llandudno
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1960: Pete Best auditions for The Beatles
- 1960: Paul McCartney offers audition to mystery drummer
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.