EMI Recording Studio, Bombay, India
Producer: George Harrison
Engineers: JP Sen, SN Gupta
George Harrison had flown to India on 7 January 1968 to record the soundtrack for the film Wonderwall. The sessions began on this day in Bombay (Mumbai), and the soundtrack was mostly complete by 12 January.
The musicians included Ashish Khan (sarod), ahapurush Misra (tabla and pakavaj), Sharad Jadev and Hanuman Jadev (shanhais), Shambu-Das, Indril Bhattacharya and Shankar Ghosh (sitar), Chandra Shakher (sur-bahar), Shiv Kumar Sharmar (santorr), SR Kenkare and Hari Prasad Chaurasia (flute), Vinayak Vohra (taar shehnai) and Rijram Desad (dholak, harmonium and tabla-tarang).
The Bombay sessions took place at EMI Recording Studios, based at the Universal Insurance Building, Sir Pherozeshah Mehta Rd, Fort, Bombay 400001.
Also on this day...
- 1984: UK single release: Nobody Told Me by John Lennon
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day six
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Penny Lane
- 1965: Live: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1964: Live: The Beatles’ Christmas Show
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.