The Beatles’ Christmas Show, which had been taking place at the Astoria Cinema in London’s Finsbury Park since December 1963, continued on this evening with a further two performances. It was day 14 of the show’s run.
The first act on stage was the Barron Knights and Duke D’Mond. Next came short sets from Tommy Quickly and The Fourmost, and Billy J Kramer and The Dakotas closed the first half. Following the interval there was a return from the Barron Knights and Duke D’Mond, then Cilla Black, and Rolf Harris. The Beatles were the final act of each show, with a performance lasting just 25 minutes.
The group performed nine songs: ‘Roll Over Beethoven’, ‘All My Loving’, ‘This Boy’, ‘I Wanna Be Your Man’, ‘She Loves You’, ‘Till There Was You’, ‘I Want To Hold Your Hand’, ‘Money (That’s What I Want)’ and ‘Twist And Shout’.
Also on this day...
- 1984: UK single release: Nobody Told Me by John Lennon
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day six
- 1968: Recording: Wonderwall Music by George Harrison
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Penny Lane
- 1965: Live: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.